Sunday, November 29, 2009

My best friends got engaged now their boring is that normal?

I have been friends with my best friend sinse before I can remember, literally our whole lives. Then he started dating a girl that we have both known pretty much all our lives but not very well just kind of knew her in passing. They were off and on for a couple years but then got serious about their relationship and recently got engaged. In the months prior to their engagment we were all having a good time being friends, hanging out, and just normal friend stuff. I have even come to think of her in the same way I think of him, which is a level no one else has ever reached with me. No matter how close other friends have ever gotten it hasn't been the same as my friendship with him. So to think of her in that way is a big deal to me. Then they got engaged and everything seems to have changed. Like they've settled in to a holding patern while waiting to get married. (will continue)



My best friends got engaged now their boring is that normal?wwe myspace





Yes, this is normal. But the good news is, for every friend you lose you gain another. Maybe your future wife:)



My best friends got engaged now their boring is that normal?search myspace myspace.comYour welcome. This is a tough crowd. Report It


Think they're boring now? Just wait 'til they get married!
They are starting their new lives together as a couple. You might not be as involved with them, but that's the way it's suppose to be. Yeah you guys will still be friends, but their life together is about them being together. You just have to understand that they want to be together and you have to give them the space to do that.
Well its not that he is boring now but he just has other things to take care of and if he is going to or got married already then he has more responsiblities to take cake of.
1. Don't be selfish.



2. What did you expect was going to happen? He's got a chica in his life. Things done changed.



3. Try talking to your friend. If he is such a good friend, he'll appreciate the honesty.
Yes, that is marriage.
To me this seems very normal. When two people are into each other they are really into each other! They may need their time and space. And if you are the friend you say you are then give it to them and support them all the way. Be patient and before you know it things will be back to normal.
Actually, when my best friend and her husband got married, they became pretty boring as well. I remember one incident when my boyfriend and I were at a restaurant with some friends and I invited her to join us. Her husband is in the military and was out of the state for six weeks for it so I knew she'd be lonely. She actually caught an attitude with me over the phone saying it was a work night and that I was crazy for being out so late. It was 8:00!! Before she was married she would've come out and stayed out until morning! I'm not too sure if every couple is like this after marriage, but all I can say is that I'm glad I have other friends besides them, if you know what I mean. Good luck.
What you are describing is a natural transition from childhood to adulthood. Our focus shifts from friends to building a family.



YES - even if the start of that family is years away. That family starts with the TWO of them. Three is a crowd.



When you reach that stage with someone, you will understand what I am talking about.
Everyone is different. My guy and I are engaged and decidedly non-boring! :-)
Well, THEY probably don't think they are boring - they are totally wrapped up in one another, and their situation has changed.



However, yours hasn't, and as a friend you just need to accept that there are changes, and you need to adapt.



Your time will come, too, if that's what you decide some day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
education loans