Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I have no friends at school and it hurts?

My first week at high school as a 9th grader and i realized that i have no friends. The mob that i used to hang with in middle school left me. At brunch and lunch nobody looks for me to hang out with, even my old friends. When i see them, i stand by them, but everyone is talking about something i cant relate to, and i can never find something i can say to them.



I cant start a conversation, i cant join one either. Sometimes i want to say something, but it wont come out right and it sounds lame, boring, or irrelevant. I feel intimidated by popular people who don't care about what i have to say. How can i relate to my group of friends, and how can i get them interested in me and what i have to say.



I cant stand being alone, so when i cant find my friends i go to the long cafeteria lines to blend with the crowd. Or ill go to the bathroom for 5 minutes. I cant go up to random people, even in my classes, and ask them if to be my friend, cause they'll no i have no friends.



I have no friends at school and it hurts?myspace surveys





If your old crowd of friends have moved on, maybe its time you did too. I know from experience that I'd rather be standing alone, then next to a group I knew wanted nothing to do with me. And might I add that there are a TON of kids feeling the exact same way as you are.



I know its hard to do, but try sitting at a table where you see kids all look sort of lost. Just smile and be friendly. You don't need to say "Hi want to be friends?" If you share classes with them, bring up something from class, its a good ice breaker, or ask them which middle school they came from (if it mixes in high school)



I have no friends at school and it hurts?tiny myspace myspace.com



keep an open mind go over and sit with anyone who looks lonely like you or friendly. Friends will come youre not the only one in the school with the freshman blues lol
Welcome to high school. You are not unique, I didn't hangout all summer with my friends and they "moved on". I did connect with one kid that I was friends with but it took awhile because I was afraid that they hated me or something. this was 40 years ago, so as they say there is nothing new under the sun. Was there one person that you were closer to in your old group? This is the one you want to try to reconnect with. You could call that person and see what happens I doubt that they don't like you. You have to reach out or sit with strangers all year. You can do this, they were and probably will be your friends.
Awe...sad to hear, but try to relax, as difficult as that may be, just breathe a little and unwind. School has just begun, so a lot of adjustments are happening. Getting to know where the classes are, the teachers etc...



Think positive and focus towards your future. Remember you are important, so be kind to yourself and reward yourself with good honest effort towards your chosen successful career/s. Friends are those who are positive and have vision towards future goals. Sharing your visions and dreams together and witnessing them become reality is the most accomplishment anyone could ask for. A lot of determination, self-confidence, willingness to adapt learning new skills and embracing all those challenges with hope, with courage, and with positive attitude is your key to endless opportunities. You have just begun, a new journey and will meet a lot of new people. Interesting elements will develop where you find your passion subject so to speak, where you see your future vision. It would prove interesting to you as is to them, learning what you know, what they know, how they come to their conclusions etc...Therefore, those who value not your friendship now, will lose later, that would be their lesson learned. You on the other hand with vision and positive attitude will gain many wonderful friendship/s and that circle will flourish to many. In thought...some call book worms geeks...but they do not get side tracked easily, for a reason, wonder if they had a vision hidden inside those books...wonder how their bank account turned out at the end of tolerating many who laughed at them throughout their years of high school, college, university. I guess all you can do now, is focus...hope that helps some, good luck, and thanks for asking.
give it some time ...school just started...it may feel like you don't have any friends....but come on now you know you do ....and whats wrong with going up to some random person and starting a conversation ....stop limiting you socialization to those you only know and make new friends.... try joining clubs or sports...helped with me...I was in a new school practically every year back in the day....its a different world entering high school.....don't worry things will get better....you'll find new friends and interests....thank god we don't stay the same...and try to make the best of your next 4 years.......good luck and enjoy it while you can
You've got 2 options:



(1) Let them guilt you into thinking that you're inferior; or



(2) Recognize them for what they are: fools.



Choose (2). Don't waste time with fools, either socially, academically, or romantically. Don't let them guilt you into becoming mediocre. Ever seen the movie, "Idiocracy"? Well, it's happened already...the fools have propagated, and they will try to shame independent people.



Put your time into things that are valuable: develop your mind, develop your body, eat healthy food. Try an exercise/workout regimen, and vary it to keep things interesting. If you are male, start a strength training regimen and learn boxing/wrestling/martial arts. Watch inspirational movies: American Beauty, Gladiator, Children of Men, Devil Wears Prada (for women). Respect the teachers but don't worry about grades: do the minimum to pass your classes and read the good stuff: Albert Camus, Flannery O'Connor, Seutonius, George Orwell.



Over the course of the next 4 years you will notice your parents, teachers, and classmates reverting from intimidation tactics to b*tching, from b*tching to silence, and then from silence to respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
education loans